I WAS WRONG. We don’t have a dog, a cat, and a rabbit… we
have a dog, a cat, about TEN rabbits including two GIGANTIC mama & papa
rabbits, two grown pigs, two piglets, two doves, and a bunch of chickens/hens.
SUPER AWESOME! (*cough* Dasom be jealous! *cough*) I even got to get our
morning eggs from the hens right from the nests (do you call them nest? I’m not
sure haha)!
![]() |
| Trevor and the kid rabbits. Big papa rabbit on bottom left (HE'S HUGE). baby piglets on top right. and Gucci on bottom right! love that dog. I miss my Romeo! |
I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M LEARNING ANOTHER LANGUAGE. It’s been fun
but frustrating feeling like I can’t speak with my family or have deep
conversations with my sister. Gestures and one-word answers just don’t get you
far! I must say dinners have been quiet… But this is me complaining when I have
NO RIGHT to whine! I really have the best of situations and OF COURSE language
is going to be tough! Who was I kidding?! Like my new mom keeps telling me,
“one month, you will be good.” I want to believe her! I just can’t wait to get
there…
Papa told me today he wants me to eat a lot so I can tell my
real papa back home that I am being well-fed haha isn’t that the sweetest?! He
came back home later with a handful of yellow and purple flowers for me… took
out a knife from his pocket, cut the bottom of the bouquet, and put them in a
glass of water so I could put them in my room. I really feel like the princess J He went to the
mountains with my uncle and aunt to pick these special herbs and greens for
food and tea and said he thought of me when he saw the flowers. Papa is hardly
at home cause he’s always at work, but when I see him every morning before I
wash-up he says “Balee-louise” and “Vonts-aek?”… “Good Morning! How are
you/sleep well?” Our conversations have been short, but he tries so hard to
have conversations, jokes with me, and stuffs me up with lots of food!
My sister and I did our nails together while listening to
Rihanna and Eminem on my laptop today haha apparently Armenians are really into
Eminem and Tupac haha. Anyways, as I was doing her nails, I realized all her
fingers were callused and her hands worn… she is only 22 and the youngest of 3
and yet has to do all the household chores… culture shock?!? I think YES. The
girls in an Armenian family are responsible for most or all household chores:
cooking, cleaning, laundry, sewing, serving, guests, etc etc. The boys of the
family work outside but when they’re home they have no responsibilities. If
they need their socks from their room they’ll ask the girl to go get them.
Things like that are somewhat similar to the American culture where little
siblings are bossed around to do things by older siblings, but it is so much
more intense here and in a very different perspective.
| First day in my village. My mama and sister took me to this small church thing on top of the mountain. |
I still can’t believe I’m here! And I still can’t believe I
can shower tomorrow morning! Who knew I would be so lucky as to shower whenever
I want?! I even brought dry shampoo thinking I would be in desperate need of my
hair looking somewhat decent haha but like I said… this is an easy transition.
My situation won’t nearly be as nice after my training haha

No comments:
Post a Comment