May 28, 2012 HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!
![]() |
| Aren't they the greatest <3 |
I’m in the “Princess House!”
When I got the names of my host family there were rumors
going around that my house was like the “princess house” and that my family was
super sweet and the mother spoke very slow and clearly so we could understand
better.
THEY WEREN’T RUMORS! All true. I really do live in THE
Princess House and my host mom is the most precious of all moms! BE JEALOUS. I
have a grandma and grandpa who live next door, a mom, a dad, one sister who is
22, one brother who is 24, and another brother who’s 25. And guess what?! I’m
23! Isn’t that perfect?!
22, 23, 24, 25.
IT WAS MEANT TO BE.
I complete this little sequence of theirs J I only hope I’m worthy
enough to be a part of this family and to live like the princess they have been
treating me as. My grandma took my face and kissed me! She took my hand and
just kept looking at me with a smile… we couldn’t say a word to each other, but
it was such a warm feeling.
![]() |
| We had SO MUCH FUN doing these. Mama told me she has never laughed this much :) |
After a 40 minute “marshutini” van ride my group of 12
trainees finally made it to our NEW HOME for the next 3 months. When we made it
to our school all of our host families were waiting outside for us with anxious
smiles, excitement, and even some with flowers and balloons! We found our
families, went our separate ways, and our journeys began!
I came to this brick wall house with a bunch of gardens in
the back not knowing what to expect and when I stepped inside I thought to
myself, “this can’t be real.” I never thought I was signing up for such luxury!
There’s no way I get my own padded bed, closet, desk, and
hot-water-no-hole-in-the-ground-toilet bathroom!
WHAT THE HEEZY?!
I almost feel like I’m cheating something. Don’t get me
wrong! I love it. But this really wasn’t what I was expecting! I had so many
images in my mind and this didn’t even come close! But then again, who knows,
after my 3 months training when I have to move out and go to my permanent
village of 2 years, it might be a different story. Most volunteers live in
places with no electricity, hot water, or actual toilets haha that’s where the
real crazy fun begins :p
Anyways, I have a pet dog named Gucci outside and a cat from
Russia named Kooka inside. We also have a white rabbit with HUGE ears I can’t
remember the name of. I can’t wait to bond with my sister like a best friend
especially since we’re basically the same age. My mom and dad seem very happy
and try everything they can to talk to me (with hand gestures). My brothers
smoke outside for my sake even though smoking inside is the norm! Neighbors
came from all around to say hi to me like I was some “prize” haha. THIS WILL BE
GREAT.
Now if only I can become fluent in Armenian by tomorrow…
that would be great J
![]() |
| All the kids haha so cute |




YAY! Go Andrea!! So glad you got placed in such a wonderful home. (: 3 months, treasure it! Miss you! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures (:
ReplyDeleteYour family sounds great! I can't wait to hear more of your stories with them!
ReplyDelete