May 31, 2012
I was walking to school, which is only a 3-4 minute walk, but my brother happened to be driving out so he drove me to the front of school where we were all meeting, I come out and all my peers say “whoa, little miss princess rolling up in a Benz” haha we have a Mercedes tehehe J Now I’m picked on for being the “princess.” The End.
May 30, 2012
My parents own a market (“hanoot”) down the street and our class had a homework assignment to find market items and ask how much they are so I brought all my peers to the market and my mom was more than happy to help us. She kissed me goodbye when we were done and ONLY me so I felt super special ^^
My new friends and I started to take 30 minute walks in the morning just to get some fresh air and some English in our systems haha it gets stressful being silent and unable to have conversations for a whole day! The first morning we went to the “left” of town and saw just endless fields of green and lots of cow poop on the streets. The next morning we went to the “right” of town and found this graveyard with an old grandpa guarding it. He came up to us and asked if we’re the Americans, we said yes, he looked at me and said “chae Americatsi” meaning I’m not American, so I said “yes Koreatsi-em” à “I am Korean” and he looked so much more satisfied HAHA then he kept saying I was Buddhist, but I assured him I was Christian and even gestured a cross… he was insisting I was Buddhist even after all my words and gestures… apparently Asians have to be Buddhist? HAHA it’s cool~!
We get a lot of “what-the-heck-are-these-girls-doing” looks when we take our walks cause Armenians don’t really “exercise” or “take walks,” but these walks have really helped us bond and get our morning “health” walks in before our long language classes so we have decided to make them a daily thing J
I like the sound of these morning walks! I know I've said this before, but I can't imagine being in a country where I didn't know the language! Even after years of taking Spanish, I had so much difficulties in Spain with the language barrier. So don't sweat it if you can't communicate cuz learning a language is definitely not easy!
ReplyDeleteDang! You really are a princess! I wasn't expecting a Benz now!
ReplyDelete