July 8, 2012 (Sunday)
T.G.I.Sunday! I wish every day was a
Sunday. I haven’t had a day off like this in so long! Too bad we don’t get the
full weekend. That would be really nice. Only having one day off a week is
getting so tiring!
Anyways, I woke up late, ate, talked with
my sister for like 2 hours (which, by the way, we had a really interesting
conversation… I’ll explain more later), then I went for a walk with my friends,
got a lot of stares, ate some ice cream, came home, ate again, found out my dad
got pick-pocketed in Yerevan when he was running errands L now my whole family is sad because if one member is sad, the rest
is sad as well. That’s how connected everyone is.
 |
| Random picture of everyone in my village studying at our teachers house :) Aren't we cute?! |
Now I’m writing this blog because I know I
have a lot of homework and studying to do, but I’m trying to put it off as much
as possible. I have a new Armenian teacher this month because they like to
switch it up for us, but she is difficult! I think she thinks we’re a high
level class and likes to go fast and pick on us to answer on the spot, but I
don’t work like that so it’s been stressing me out. I guess I’m venting a
little, but language is no easy thing to learn in two months! Like I said, I’m
surprised I can even have conversations already, but I think the stress of
knowing that I only have another month left in training is freaking me out!
Therefore the over-eating and breaking-out is happening. I really can’t
complain because I have been so blessed and this place is FREAKING AWESOME, but
if I could and did complain this would be it! Haha
Another note, my new family that’s waiting
for me to live with them in a month calls me almost every day now! How did they
get attached to me so quickly?!?! Haha I was only there for 3 days as a
“trial-get-to-know-your-new-town” kind of thing, but I guess within that span I
sucked them into my awesomeness already! :p HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING! But
seriously I think it’s so great that they care for me that much already and
call me every day to tell me what they’re doing or ask how I am. Except for the
fact that I can hardly understand anything they are saying cause they speak
super fast and it’s on the phone, but still, I am very honored and glad I made
a good impression even if it were for those 3 days.
July 7, 2012 (Saturday)
 |
| The view on the way to Gehrard and a view of what you see when you look up from the church! |
My dad took me, my sister Gayane, Kate, and
Joy to this church about an hour away from our village called Gehrard. It
was gorgeous!
 |
| Me and the girls. My papa and the American girls! haha |
My dad always brings me to people and asks
me to answer: “What do you call me/who am I to you?” and I answer, “Papa!” and
the crowd goes wild. Haha he loves it when we do that and doesn’t really answer
the people who ask who I am sometimes and just gives them “I’m her papa. She’s
my daughter.” Haha
 |
| Inside one of the buildings of the church. The building on the right was carved out of one entire rock... |
 |
Inside the church. We light the candles and do a little prayer. Papa and his 2 fave girls :)
When you leave the church or monastery or what not, you always have to exit backwards because you don't want to turn your back on God ... I think... ?? |
 |
Short doorway makes me look pretty tall huh?? All the designs you see on the door, wall, etc are carved by hand. Amazing>
We decided to do a cheesy pose but it turned out to be kinda cute ya?! :) |
 |
Every step up was curved in and it was a little difficult to go up... later my papa told me that they were caved in cause so many people walked up and down those stairs that they got worn out.
Picture of us overlooking the whole city of Yerevan in the distance. |
 |
| Everything was so pretty. "amen inch shaut siroone" |
We were dancing and singing to Spanish
music in the car, as well as Selena Gomez!
Later I wanted to take a walk so my mom and
sister decide to come with me and we end up going to one of their friends
house. They have two little kids with red hair and freckles… what?! Apparently
the “real/first” Armenians looked like them and they are the “special” ones
left or something? I’m not so sure I got that right, but anyways, I simply
adored her and I think she liked me back and we got to play with their new
puppy who was the sweetest little thing in the world!
 |
| Random photo but I really like this one... stole it from a friend. Can you see the rain clouds coming in? We were walking to a nearby friends restaurant and the cows were following, the clouds were coming,... haha |
Those carved walls are cool!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, i really want to see you having a conversation in armenian with someone. how awesome!
ReplyDelete