Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 23-25 shuttle, flight, layover, flight, shuttle, ARMENIA!

After a long two days we finally arrived in Armenia. An hour shuttle ride to the airport from our hotel in Washington D.C., 4 hours in the airport, 12 hour flight to Vienna, 14 hour layover in a day hotel, another 3 hours in the airport, 3 hour flight to Armenia, FINALLY a 1 hour shuttle ride to our hotel! Kind of intense, huh?! haha but we all made it safely and we were all so enthusiastic about finally arriving that we clapped as the plane landed. It was 4:30am, most of us haven't showered or slept in basically two days and we were clapping with excitement!

Here's a little bit of what I saw in Vienna, Austria for the 14 hours I was there... well, technically only about 6 hours or so because airport security takes FOREVER and etc etc, BUT I did have time to explore Vienna for a bit and it was GORGEOUS. The buildings, sculptures, gardens, museums, streets, ahhhh <3

A few snapshots of this beautiful city.  And of course I took a few polaroids, but I'll have to post that next time.

In the city we got to explore for a few hours in Vienna we saw this astounding "show?" I can't explain it, I don't know how it was done, but my mouth was WIDE open for about 5 minutes and we all stood there trying to figure it out haha take a look for yourself! My friend took pictures from all angles :)

No string, no wire, no mirrors... just floating in the air with ease. FLOATING! Real people too. No fakes. He was blinking and smiling and everything. Explainable?! You tell me...
We didn't all go out and explore Vienna because we were kind of told not to... but how can you not when you're IN Vienna and have more than half a day to venture out?! haha so here we were, we figured out how to take a subway train kind of thing, and we just walked around the main city for a few hours together and took lots of pictures !

We had a map, exchanged some money, went out, and explored the city.
Oh, and I stole all these pictures from others :)
So much to share but I just feel like it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to really share all and have you feel or read or see what I'm feeling and seeing and experiencing!

I will try my best. I miss you all. I love that I'm able to do this and really try and share my experiences with you all. This might be the most I will be able to do for a while, but I will definitely at least try to write little snippets here and there whenever I can ^^

1 comment:

  1. Andrea! Your blog is so great! I love reading your updates and seeing pictures as well!! I'm gonna follow EVERYTHING in it!!!

    ReplyDelete