August 8, 2012 (Wednesday)
Last day of PST. First day in my permanent site. So many
tears were shed it was ridiculous. My luggage was also a RIDICULOUS amount as
well haha I don’t know how I collected so much in only two months!
Here are some pictures of my first home! I will miss it SO
SO much!
![]() |
| The garden I've been eating from for the past 2 months. Our garage area.... |
| |
| Our main road that JUST got lined with white paint. And the Marshutini we always take! :) |
![]() |
| My store! The little green thing on the right in front of the huge tree.... But we got everything! :D |
![]() |
| The road that always led my to school and of course... my school! Where I learned all my Armenian! They're remodeling it now but it still was a pretty nice school! |
I will miss my village so much. It was so comfortable and everyone knew me. Off to a new start!
August 7, 2012 (Tuesday)
Swearing-in Day!
| We made it through training! All 41 of us! CONGRATS!!! |
August 3, 2012 (Friday)
Got a package today thinking it was from my parents… but
NOPE! It was from one of my students in Taiwan! Isn’t that crazy cool?! He sent
me postcards from his university and a little note. So sweet, no?! I just think
it’s so amazing that we can keep in contact with people from all over the world
so easily even years later.
I yelled at some kids for hitting and torturing a donkey
today in Armenian and they were so confused. Told them…
1.
Stop. Please don’t do that. The donkey is
hurting.
2.
I am sad when you do that.
3.
You don’t like donkeys? I really love donkeys.
4.
Here, do this to the donkey instead (started
petting him).
5.
Watch me. Like this.
After my totally embarrassing attempt at model behaving how
to treat animals, they kind of stopped and I walked away. I then started
calling all my friends I knew would be coming my way and told them that if they
saw the kids with the donkey to say how much they love donkeys and to pet the
donkey if they can HAHAHA this was my little attempt at trying to change this
terrible habit of children... and actually most of the people here in Armenia.
Many of us volunteers try to model behave how we (well, most Americans
><) treat animals back in the states just by saying simple things like I
did and being nice to animals, but that’s about all we can really do for the
most part.
August 2, 2012 (Thursday)
Had my exam today! Received an Intermediate Mid. That’s pretty
darn good for two months I think! That’s like something I never received even
after three years of French in high school hahaha
I’m telling you, studying every day for HOURS and having to
speak the language at home for everything was not easy and there were times
that I really needed to just take a breather on my own, but couldn’t…. it was
all worth it! It really was. I never imagined to have a full conversation in a
new language within two months. It seemed like a ridiculous goal! But now my
main goal is to become completely fluent within the next year and NEVER forget
it even when I go back to America. But like I said, the only problem I have
with learning a new language is that I’m forgetting everything else haha Korean
is completely failing and English is slowly leaving me HAHAHA oh man.
August 1, 2012 (Wednesday)
BEST DAY EVERRRR!! Got THE most awesomest fantasmic package
today and it seriously made my day… my week! I’ve been having it so rough
lately and I’ve been so tired… the package seriously came at THE perfect time. Gave
me so much more energy that I didn’t know I had haha
Annie, Ester, and Dasom sent me some treats! Way more than I
ever expected plus some really expensive Pringles HAHA adding on the price of
shipping these Pringles were ridiculously expensive! HAHA but take a look at
what I got!
The big dog bone for my dog Gucci was WAY too crazy and my
dog was super scared haha I don’t think he knew what to do with it. I don’t
think dogs here in Armenia are quite the same as in America… he didn’t think
the bone was cool at all HAHA but that’s probably because he gets real bones
all the time from various animals haha eeww but it’s okay! It’s the thought
that counts!
The cat toy that they got for my cat Kooka was real sweet as
well but she didn’t know what to do with it! She just kept staring at it … plus
she just had three kids so she had no time to play. Wrong timing hahaha :p
July 30, 2012 (Monday)
My last teaching day! THANK GOODNESS. It has been SO
stressful lately and I haven’t had any time to myself. But it’s okay, this is
all a part of the training process and we are all suffering together haha
Since we had a class full of girls we decided to do a lesson
on fashion and have them describe different clothes while modeling them on the
“walkway.” BUT the tricky part was that they had to dress-up in the random
items we gave them HAHA just like this!
All the kids got awards today after class to show that they
participated in our little program. They were all so excited and us, as
teachers, had to award the children with their certificates, but let me tell
you it was not easy haha Armenian names can be really hard to pronounce! We
tried our best and if it wasn’t correct the kids would just correct us anyways
LOL
July 29, 2012 (Sunday)
Went to my THIRD wedding today…. man these people only think
about getting married and having a family! Ahahaha JUST KIDDING. But three
weddings is a bit much isn’t it?! HAHA this time we just went to the dinner
part and it really was no big deal cause I was SO used to it haha
Anyways, going to three weddings and recently finding out
that three of my friends have gotten engaged back at home has been making me
think WAY too much about my future and kids and etc etc! CREEPY but I’m telling
you the honest truth and it’s SCARING THE POOP OUT OF ME! Everyone here is in
love with kids and marriage is such a big deal… just all these things put
together makes my head hurt!! Haha
July 28, 2012 (Saturday)
Went to Lake Sevan today… the only bit of water they have in
the whole country haha but it was nice! They’re so proud of their lake and it’s
such a prize for the people here to be able to go to the lake. It’s like one of
their “vacation spots” you know? Anyways, Peace Corps took us to the lake, a
church on the lake, then another location known for it’s famous wishing tree,
also next to this beautiful church.
TAKE A LOOK!






No comments:
Post a Comment